This was our test trying to make lamb that people would actually eat. This hasn’t been replicated yet.
Use the oven-connected-probe for a perfectly cooked roast. We used a 5 lb, bone-in lamb leg roast. Fed 12 people and had a few leftovers.
- Cut off as much of the fat as possible (this is a fatty, tender meat. You won’t miss it)
- cut slices into the meat to give the marinade access
- rub on the marinade–cover everything thoroughly
- wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight
- heat the grill as hot as you can and sear all sides of the roast for a minute or two until crispy
- place in oven at 340 degrees on a raised roasting pan with water in the bottom and cook until done, basting occasionally
- We cooked ours to 140 degrees which left it quite pink near the bone (took about an hour) I learned you should expect about 25 min per lb but that proved untrue in this case.
- let it rest for awhile before serving
– chopped garlic (I used the stuff in the jar)
– dry rosemary
– chopped fresh mint
– lemon zest and juice (I zested a whole lemon and juiced half of it – large)
– salt and pepper
– olive oil
should be closer to paste than liquid
– olive oil
– chopped garlic
– lemon juice